NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR JANUARY ENROLLMENT FOR 3-5 YEAR OLDS.
CHILDREN MUST BE FULLY TOILET TRAINED TO START.
Who We Are . . . For forty-seven years, Brown/Fox Point Early Childhood Education Center has provided a high quality full-day preschool program to families that live, work, or study in our community. Formed in 1973 by Brown University and the Fox Point Neighborhood Association, we incorporated as an independent non-profit agency in 1979.
Brown/Fox Point . . .
- currently has 4 classrooms serving children ranging in age from 3 to 5
- provides a nutritious breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack daily for all children
- offers significant tuition assistance to families in need and accepts payments through the RI Child Care Assistance Program.
- serves families from across the greater Providence area who represent the racial, ethnic, linguistic, socio-economic, and familial diversity of our community
- has been accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) since 1996
- has a five-star BrightStars rating, the highest rating from the Rhode Island Association for the Education of Young Children
- receives use of our school building from Brown University
- has a volunteer Board of Directors
- is licensed by the RI Department of Human Services
Each classroom has two full-time teachers who plan and implement the curriculum and support the overall well-being of the children in their class. Assistant teachers, field students, and volunteers are also a part of the organization of each classroom. The Center is governed by a Board of Directors and directed by an Executive Director and an Assistant Director who administer the program on a daily basis. Brown/Fox Point is currently open Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm, for fifty weeks per year. We currently offer eight hours of care per day for each stable group of children. We are closed on most state and federal holidays, for the last week of August, and between Christmas and New Years.